Monday, May 10, 2010

Off it goes…

This morning I decided to go to Xidan (used to be the Harajuku in Beijing but now it's more like the Shinjuku) to get a trim, then as I was riding on the subway I had the sudden urge to cut my hair really short…so here it is…

I think this haircut is a good one for several reasons even though I’ve been getting mixed feedback from friends. But at least my homies think it looks great and fits my personality well. That’s all that matters!

So here are the top three reasons for this haircut being an awesome one:
1. I will be travelling in the countryside of China a lot as well as volunteering in a province where water supply is scarce. Shorthair is easier to manage.
2. This will keep sketch balls off of me! I get to focus more on myself. I’ve already noticed a dropped turn-around rate since I got my haircut, lol, j/k. Yes Weishi, I’m so full of shit :P
3. It’s … more me, well, it shows a different side of me. I had’t had hair this short for over 12 years but as soon as I got it this time I was like wow this is the real Rindy, a side of me that most ppl dont get to see. My grandparents love it too because they think it fits me better and that long hair made me look way too girly (and I’m sure for those of you who really know me knows that I’m not girly at all…)

So other than getting the haircut, I just chilled in wangfujing and xidan with Jingyu. It was so great to see her. Last time I saw her we went to Atlantic city together for CNY and that felt like so long ago. So glad both of us are moving on with our lives and having an awesome time in Beijng!

Behind me is the longest escalator in Asia! This is at Joy City.





We had some amazing food for lunch. It was mostly the Beijing snacks I missed so much. 卤煮火烧, 烤串儿…Will not go into details to explain because the content will probably gross most out ;)





Red bean shake!



Wellesley sisters!

By the way, we went to 一茶一坐 (a Korean afternoon tea place that literally translates into “One Tea One Seat”) in the afternoon. They have amazing drinks there!!! The drinks really open up your appetite too. We weren’t planning on eating but ended up having some amazing mushroom stew and dessert.

People don't know how to take pictures!

I also booked my flight to Dunhuang today (so expensive that I'm saying this with a shaking voice. it costs about the same as a trip from boston to mexico. don't get me started on how overpriced everything is in Beijing nowadays!). Since travel agencies won’t take foreigners I’m just gonna fly over there and see what happens. I got my travel guide already so I should be fine. Though Jay (BFF from elementary school) kept telling me that I need to take my life more seriously since I’ll be in the dessert…on my own…I’m def gonna go prepared so no worries! Speaking of which I should probably get a compass tomorrow just in case…

So one of my closest friends from elementary school is forcing me to go clubbing with him tomorrow night and Jay might join us. I’m honestly not sure how I feel about this because my other friends wanna go out on Weds, Thurs and Friday nights too and I leave Sat morning for Dunhuang…what a great way to catch up and to prepare me for my rough trip! I almost forgot what life in asia is like. Too bad I’m not longer the person I was a few years ago…but I could still use a little fun…maybe not this intense though, lol.

Will get a facial tomorrow before I head off to the dessert then meet up with Susan (looking forward to cafeteria food at Tsinghua U. babe!) and another Wellesley lady. Then off to Gongti (biggest clubbing area in Beijing) I go with Yu and Jay…on a Tuesday night! At least Jay can get us in all places and all drinks for free! Guess it’s okay for me to have a little fun before roughing it this summer ;)

OK, I’m gonna go read the travel book for Dunhuang and plan my trip now!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hair, Rindy! I think your facial features go so well with a shorter crop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rindy, your hair looks great. What an amazing adventure you're on. Tell me again...why were you stuck in a Watertown office for so long? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, thanks Maria!!! Hope all's well with you. I will email you soon!!

    ReplyDelete